276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Fantazia presents The House Collection Volume 1

£4£8Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

My opening statement could easily be misinterpreted but I mean it in the positive sense so I will explain. Jeremy Healy and Allister Whitehead aren't as popular now as they were in the 90's but this cd is Dance Music Gold.

The mixing isn't brilliant by a long way, many of the tracks have slipped away in time but what jeremy does is take it off in many directions delivering something quite special. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice. P. • March 88 Previews • Soul Daze • The Guitar Dance EP • The House Sound Of Chicago - Megamix Vol. When this was new it was a big favourite of mine and back then with little else to compare it to I took it at face value. Jeremy is good for ,guts to do something different to most of the mix CDs around at that time by sticking his neck out with his experimental mixing style even if sometimes it didn't work out too well.Again I’m tempted to say ‘they don’t make ’em like that anymore’ but I can say that about most of the stuff on my blog, this set is a collection of the finest music of this type at that time I doubt you’d find a better example all in one place. Until 1986 the club was financially troubled; the crowds only started to grow when the resident DJs (Pickering, Park and Da Silva) started to play house. The house scene in cities such as Birmingham, Manchester and London were also provided with many underground Pirate Radio stations and DJs alike which helped bolster an already contagious, but otherwise ignored by the mainstream, music genre. Track 1-17 is shown as 'Tall And Handsome' on the sleeve and inlay, the correct track title has been included here.

Let No Man Put Asunder (Love To Infinity’s Yellow Cab Mix) – First Choice (featuring Rochellle Fleming). In the edit page, go to the 'Metadata' tab and add your Juno artist, label or release page for listeners to purchase your release / releases. or so years has taken its toll though and some of the tracks which were perhaps once sophisticated and cutting edge are sounding a bit camp and cheesy now, but that’s not to take anything away from it, it’s not intended to compete with today’s stuff, just be warned if you do pick up a copy.As mentioned before Allister Whitehead's mix is excellent but Jeremy Healy's mix is more than just your average club set. Daphne and Judy Cheeks still have it though, text book 90’s sound and really that’s what Electronica Restoration is all about! Unknown Artist • Pizzaman • Rozalla • Adeva • M People • Full Intention • Dina Carroll • X-Press 2 • Lisa Stansfield • D:Ream • Sybil • K-Klass • Definition of Sound • Raze • ATFC • Mirage • Basement Jaxx • Hustlers Convention • Black Box • Juliet Roberts • Sugababes • Bizarre Inc • Gabrielle • Alison Limerick • Inner City • Blockster • Blue Pearl • Nomad • Denko • Yazz • Prophets of Sound • Simon Harris • K. Non-personalized content and ads are influenced by things like the content you’re currently viewing and your location (ad serving is based on general location).

Highlights for me are track 8 ‘Bumper’ a moody trance track that got a lot of car time, track 13 ‘Legends Of The Dark Part2’ the best remix of ‘Renegade Master’ ever! All image and audio content is used by permission of the copyright holders or their agents, and/or according to fair dealing as per the UK Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. is given as "Degrees of Passion (Bootleg Mix)" with a footnote crediting it as "Do You Want It Right Now (Biti-pella Mix)" by Degrees of Motion plus "Passio" [sic! Starting off with anything by Leftfield is OK in my book and from there things change direction so fast I can’t keep track, from vocal house with ‘Who Keeps Changing Your Mind’ to dub rap with ‘Pump Up The Volume’ to tech sounding ‘La Luna’ this is a rapid fire set if ever there was one! One of the earliest and most influential UK house and techno record labels was Network Records (otherwise known as Kool Kat records) who helped introduce Italian and U.Graham Park was bang on form on this one, Luvdup spinning some corkers and working those decks to the max. One of the early anthemic tunes, "Promised Land" by Joe Smooth, was covered and charted within a week by the Style Council.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment