276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Scolaquip Rainbow Crayons (5 colours per stick) - 6pk, Yellow

£7.995£15.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

This project is best done if you are creating your own work of art alongside your child. This modelling will help them make the art project correctly. Usually I’m not big on modelling while my child is creating art projects, but for this one, you’ll need to demonstrate how to properly create the rainbow, so later the ‘magic’ can happen with the water colours. I’ve been an elementary school teacher for about 12 years and I’ve taught this art project for a number of years. Children, especially Kindergarten students absolutely love this project.

This art project is a great way to introduce the wow factor of the crayon resist (or oil pastel resist) technique. Note for either technique: The more crayons that need to be melted, the longer it will take to melt. So, melt in small batches if possible to reduce the amount of time that each container will be in the microwave. This crayon resist art project seems so magical for children. It has the ‘wow factor’ and I always get a few gasps of wonder from children in my class.

How to Melt Crayons into Cool Shapes

First, you’ll want to draw grass, using either crayons or oil pastels. Try to colour the grass strip in fully. With Rainbow Sorting Crayons, children embark on a vibrant and interactive journey through the world of colors. This delightful set engages children in a hands-on sorting experience that promotes color recognition, fine motor skills, and cognitive development. Process art: allow your child to explore the oil pastels in their own way and then add several colours of the water colours to their art work.

You want to kind of overfill them because when the crayons start to melt, the mass will shrink down. With over 900 fun shaped rainbow crayons later, Krayonshop® was built as home based business in 2002 being the first rainbow crayons in the market inspiring art lovers to start their new ventures to rainbow crayon art making. Parents will appreciate the educational value of the Rainbow Sorting Crayons, knowing that their child is engaged in a purposeful activity that builds crucial skills. Teachers will find this versatile toy invaluable in the classroom, as it can be incorporated into various learning activities, from color recognition exercises to sensory play.

FREE Delivery

This method works best with silicone molds are pretty small, like the mini dome mold I used. If you have a pretty big mold, you’ll want to go with the second technique. Crayon melting technique #2 You can add some STEAM learning to this crayon-resist art project. The oil in the crayon will not mix with the water colours. This could be a great lead into a unit on the properties of different materials. You can also use pom poms for painting like in this cool rainbow craft from Fantastic Fun and Learning

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment