276°
Posted 20 hours ago

LEGO Dimensions: Starter Pack (PS4)

£58.33£116.66Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Play Alone or with a Friend. Players can let imagination guide their solo journey or have a friend join the adventure with co-operative, drop-in/drop-out play.

Lego Dimensions: Starter Pack (Sealed Only) - CeX (UK) Lego Dimensions: Starter Pack (Sealed Only) - CeX (UK)

I'm really sorry, and its great to see a new reviewer but from the first section it was obvious that reading this review would be an utter waste of time, completely uncritical, wrong on facts, totally missing the nuance of the business model. A fanboys orgasm but really not a review. More is Better. Bring up to seven minifigures, vehicles and/or gadgets into the game all at once by dropping them on the LEGO® Toy Pad for the most exciting and action-filled game around. After building the LEGO portion of the gateway, it attaches to the electronic NFC reader base which fortunately has two 2x2 studded sections on each side to hold it in place. The final product looks even better in person than it does on the box. It has a very organic feel to it and the NFC readers do not look out of place at all.LEGO Dimensions has captured my attention. The real and digital worlds of LEGO have been melded seamlessly, offering multiple levels of thoroughly enjoyable play. The Starter Set comes with an excellent LEGO build and, based on the first few levels of gameplay, a compelling story, which make this a must buy game for even casual LEGO video game fans in my opinion. A TTL video game uses Near Field Communications (NFC) to read and write digital information to a figure. Most of the games that use this technology involve a "portal" or "gamepad" which can read the information on the figure and transfer it into the game; so one second a figure is just collecting dust on your shelf and the next you are running around new worlds with that character in a video game. It can be quite fun if done properly or extremely frustrating when the product doesn't meet expectations. I can't think of another toy brand that would lend itself better to a TTL game than LEGO and with TT Games, the people behind other amazing LEGO video games such as LEGO Harry Potter and LEGO Jurassic World, responsible for bringing these franchises to life there is little need for trepidation. Box and Contents Secondly, it is well-known that Lego is expensive (but justified due to quality). It is also well-known that TTL games are expensive (but justified because of... hype? I don't know really - there must be a reason beyond collectable figurines anyway). What we have here is either one of two things:

LEGO 71200 Dimensions Starter Pack Instructions For LEGO 71200 Dimensions Starter Pack

Nice, well-rounded review. I'm not much of a gamer so I had little interest in "toys-to-life" products before LEGO Dimensions was announced. However, it has been interesting to watch them evolve. LEGO Dimensions takes the physical interaction with the toys and toy pad farther than any other toys-to-life game before it, and it will be interesting to see how its competitors in this category respond. Firstly, the article is unashamadly positive about the game. People who are not comfortable with that should not trust a single source when forming their own opinion. Did I miss it or was there even any mention of the far far greater cost of Dimensions to other TTL games? If not how can it be washed over so easily?The sheer number of popular franchises found in one place might seem overwhelming to some but being able to send Gimli the Dwarf riding a Velociraptor through Springfield was a major selling point for me. Even if you don't love all the properties included in the game there are sure to be one or two that catch your eye. One of the most compelling aspects of LEGO Dimensions is the ability to combine all of the characters from every franchise in the main story. This is possible in other TTL video games but only outside of the main story which has been one of my biggest complaints about those games. I'm not going to debate whether LEGO Dimensions is a fair value in general, because really that's a debate about the toys-to-life category in general, a category that I have little firsthand experience with. I sure couldn't tell you why this category of video games has taken off the way it has. The Aquaman Exclusive is available only at Toys-R-Us and is available on Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Fans of Skylanders, Disney Infinity and Amibo will be familiar with the "Toys to Life" category of games, with Lego Dimensions being their addition, which works by placing an NFC reader and writer at the base of a figure or vehicle that connects to an NFC portal that in turn projects them into the game. Dimensions is rated PEGI 7, and therefore designed for children from seven years and over. Given the success of the movie, the interest in this title will be piqued by children and adults alike. Game Plot

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment