276°
Posted 20 hours ago

One for Sorrow: The new heart-stopping, page-turning crime thriller for 2022 (Di Callanach, 7)

£4.495£8.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

Forensic profiler Dr Connie Woolwine is renowned for her ability to get inside the mind of a murderer. Now she must go deep undercover among the most deranged and dangerous men on earth, and use her unique skills to find the baby – before it’s too late. I appreciated that I could read this as a standalone but it was clear that this fit in with previous books and a set of well developed characters. I appreciate an author who can write in a way that satisfies new to the series readers and also please fans of the series.

You have to be pretty tough to be a barrister and certainly I found that being a mum in the way I wanted to meant that I didn’t want to switch myself off from work or put up the barriers that I had to put up.Perfect Remains is the first book in the D.I. Callanach mystery series. In this debut story, readers get the chance to meet the main character for the first time. Publication date is February 17, 2022 by Avon Books U.K. Genre: General Fiction, Mystery, Thrillers. I am always left impatiently waiting for the next book of this series but the ending of this left me truly horrified that I will have to wait for the next book to find out what’s next for this pair of characters. The ending was absolutely brilliant and without giving away any spoilers has been the very best yet! I just finished reading One for Sorrow and loved it, but naturally didn’t like the cliffhanger ending. Please tell me there will be another Ava and Luc book. When will it be coming out? I’ve read the rest of them and really loved them and appreciated the writing. Reply One for sorrow, Two for joy, Three for a girl, Four for a boy, Five for silver, Six for gold, Seven for a secret that will soon be told.

I loved the characters and felt connected to them, especially Quinn, gosh I went through a rollercoaster of emotions reading the parts about her. Without giving too much away, I spotted the warning signs early on with that situation, It was difficult to read in parts I think because it felt so real and I just wanted to jump in and help Quinn. I honestly wanted to jump in the book and give Liam a good talking too (or punch in the face!) The fact I was so immersed in the story and felt the way I did just goes to show how powerful the authors writing was, I forgot I was reading at points and felt like I was there watching. I should point out, while mental and emotional trauma plays a chillingly large role in this story, the gruesome nature and vivid depiction of the physical trauma perpetrated is confronting too. But, if like me, you are a fan of TV programs like Silent Witness, this is the book for you. I feel this could do with a bunch of trigger warnings, but to do so would involve significant plot spoilers, so let’s just say that it should appeal to those who like their crime fiction tense, gory and bleak, and be avoided if you’re feeling sensitive or sad. I guessed roughly what was going on quite early but was tripped up a couple of times on the who and how. It ends on a pretty significant cliffhanger - Ms Fields is as cruel to her characters as GRR Martin - I’m undecided whether I want to continue the series - they’re great but I’m losing my taste for this much darkness - but probably will need to know what happens next! I felt like I had my pulse in my throat from about half way through, and it stayed there all the way up until the end.Alone, trapped in the darkness and with no way out, Bart Campbell knows that his chances of being found alive are slim. First of all, thank you so, so much Avon books for sending me this book. It was through Netgalley and Avon books that I first came to discover Helen Fields and she's been my favorite author ever since. Tartan Noir luminary Fields, who divides her life between Scotland, England and the US, this week launches the latest novel in her Edinburgh-set crime series featuring handsome, half-Scottish, half-French DI Luc Callanach and tough DCI Ava Turner. The book follows a serial bomber who seems to have a vendetta against the police&comp. The story is told in parallel timelines following both the search for the bomber and the story that led to the existence of the murderer. It was at no point predictable, even when you think you know whom it was, it isn't.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment