276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Sins of Fathers: A Spectacular Break from a Criminal, Dark Past: A Spectacular Break from a Dark Criminal Past

£8.495£16.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I know that people are generally advised to "write about what you know", but surely no-one can have failed to have groaned when a Jeffrey Archer protagonist wrote a prison diary. Nor when the same protagonist starts armed forces training. Nor when his first book sells well in North America, allowing a lucrative deal to be sealed for its UK distribution. Nor when a character becomes an MP. Nor when the plot moves to the House of Lords. It's as though Archer has taken Private Eye's Jeremy Longbow as inspiration rather than ridicule. Speak to Vanescula, who tells you that she had Sarius keep an eye on you, and that her intervening with Vanstrom saved you. She then tells you that she's given Vertida the required information to craft the weapons. This is the BEST book I have read in the 16 years of my life. Sure I am an archer fan , but my expectations weren't really high after the average only time will tell (with a stunning finish though) Archer remains a powerful narrator and linguistic sculptor, presenting the reader with a wonderful story that expands with each passing chapter. Renewing the layered narrative approach, the reader is treated not only to numerous plot lines through the eyes of various characters, but also a powerful addition to the central story with each section. The reader may bask in the exciting set of plots on which the novel continues to build. While the story has yet to really focus on a second (or third) generation, Archer had laid the groundwork for this and has a number of storylines ready to blossom. Patience, eager reader, as I am sure it all comes to pass soon.

The focus remains on the identity of Harry's father,as that would have a bearing on his future.But that identity still cannot be proved,in this book.

Most Relevant Verses

Only days before Britain declares war on Germany, Harry Clifton, hoping to escape the consequences of long-buried family secrets, and forced to accept that his desire to marry Emma Barrington will never be fulfilled, has joined the Merchant Navy. Emma Barrington,the mother of Harry's child,goes to the US,looking for him.His friend Giles Barrington also fights in World War II. Harry clifton , Giles Barrington and Emma and Maise and surely Sir walter barrington maybe the most regal and awesome characters created EVER. It is sad how all the friends who help these characters die =( but someone has to die in the was right? :P Ivan's dialogue in the graveyard at this point in the quest mentions that a team of archaeologists could potentially find something big if they came here.

The book is well written. The plot twists and turns. Jance inserts some humor in the story. J. P. Beaumont is now retired from the police force and is working as a licensed private investigator. His wife, Mel, is the Chief of Police of Bellingham. In this book Beau is hired to find a missing girl. She left her new born baby at the hospital and disappeared. Jance seems to have such interesting plots and characters in her books. I enjoyed Lucy, the Irish Wolf Hound. She was a unique character in the story. There was no action in the story, but I was kept engaged through-out. The book is a pleasant change of pace type of book.In Branches of Darkmeyer, Vanescula states that she is powerful enough to kill Lowerniel herself, and is not doing so because she doesn't want to cause political instability within Vampyre society. In Sins of the Father, Lowerniel effortlessly subdues her and makes it very clear that he is much more powerful than her. I enjoy Beau and was immersed in the story of what happened to Naomi and her boyfriend and what real estate shenanigans were going on in a rapidly gentrifying West Seattle. However, the immense wealth Beau has allows him to throw money at problems, which really lowers the stakes in the story. I didn't see this come up quite as much when he was still with SPD and then with the WA State Attorney's special investigation unit, but as a private investigator, Beau can handle his cases really differently and it takes away some of the tension. I hope Beau's next case is set in Bellingham instead of his well-trodden Seattle turf, and forces him into some conflicts with BPD and his wife, the police chief. We could get to know a whole new cast of characters and not rely so much on Beau's past and the SPD connections he has. Review copy was received from Publisher. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review. Ability to use the wall shortcut on the eastern side of Darkmeyer with 63 Agility, after purchasing two long ropes from the Darkmeyer General Store and using them on it. The gravestone at the easternmost part of the Icyene Graveyard reads "'Nostalgia is a side effect of dying.' - John the Greenseer". This is a reference to the quote 'Depression is a side effect of dying.' by author John Green.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment