276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Gold Gin Sparkling 200ml

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

The one thing I did think would improve the aesthetic appeal of the bottle is the colour of the light; it's quite a harsh orange shade that isn’t as soft as the M&S one. The bottle’s dome shape gives it the illusion of a snow globe, but it's the tiny gold flakes floating about that really sell it. On first taste, Aldi’s own Sole Gin was very warming on its own, with one member of my ‘gin team’ describing it as the “perfect spirit to warm up the bones”. However, I wanted to go into this tasting with an open mind so tried my best to leave previous encounters with Sloe Gin behind. I remember seeing last years versions adorned with trees, snow and reindeers. This year, it does feature Santa's sleigh and reindeers flying over mountains.

Come December there’s something about having a glass of wine or gin after work that just gets even more appealing than ever - you’ve got to be prepared for your Christmas do, after all. The gin tasted better and the bottle was much more striking. The design on the bottle was a lot more festive too - and would make a great Christmas decoration once finished.

Full-size one litre bottles of Baileys are now just £10 in Tesco

The M&S bottle looks beautiful sat on a drinks table at Christmas. It lights up by pushing a button underneath and stays lit for over 30 seconds. Once shaken the gold leaf really does make it look like a magical snow globe as it floats around, shimmering in the light. Furthermore, when it comes to gold in gin, the only other available products are the ever-trendy snow globe gin liqueurs offered by Marks & Spencer and Aldi. These same light-up liqueurs also happed to be at the center of a lengthy legal battle where it was alleged that Aldi copied the design of Marks & Spencer’s holiday product. While certainly dazzling with gold, these are sweet liqueurs with ABVs around 20%. Both retailers' gins liqueurs come in a clementine flavour. M&S also do a mulled sugar plum flavour. Our customers have confidence in our products because they trust our quality and sourcing standards, so we will always seek to protect our reputation for freshness, quality, innovation and value – and protect our customers from obvious copies.”

So, why not turn to a Scottish gin brand that’s ready to serve up some 41% ABV gold flake fun? Swiss 24-karat edible gold is added to the Scotland-made gin and we think that exudes pure elegance… someone should sip this spirit in long silk gloves and a golden floor-length gown. If there's one thing that we all love in the run up to Christmas, it's all the festive food and drink on sale. The bottle was very pretty and got a 10/10 for design, with a clear agreement from the gin team that it ranked best for design compared to the two other Aldi gins we tried. Aldi’s bottle is beautiful to look at, the snow covered trees and sparking gold flakes in the gin giving the drink the ultimate festive feeling. Add to it that it lights up - with two different settings - it's certainly impressive.

Elderly woman, 82, dies after being hit by vehicle on main road

This case is about design rights, a commonly forgotten but very effective IP right in protection against copycats. Most cases against Aldi are settled before trial, but with some notable exceptions, with Aldi having won and lost some high-profile disputes in recent years. M&S will be hoping that its strong action against Aldi will discourage further copycat products and allow M&S to retain distinctiveness and return on its investment in new product development. Read more: I tried mince pies from Sainsbury's, Aldi, Tesco, M&S, Morrisons and Waitrose - and there was a clear winner I tried the liqueur on its own and was pleasantly surprised. It didn't taste too much of alcohol, more a sweet drink.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment