276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Dating Dr. Dil: A Novel: 1 (If Shakespeare Were an Auntie, 1)

£4.995£9.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

As Kareena found out that her father was planning to sell her family’s home, aka the house her late mother had built from scratch, Kareena faced the impossible (but not entirely impossible) task of finding her, falling in love, and committing to buy. . her father’s house. When that happened, we became Prem Verma a.k.a. dr inserted. She was going to start dating again. She was ready. The list of qualities she wanted in her perfect man was ready to go. It had been waiting neglected in her notes app for far too long. She opened her door, and instead of hearing the sizzling sounds of ghee in a hot pan, there was only silence. The delicious aroma of spices was missing. Usually, the smell of birthday paranthas permeated the house. Maybe Dadi was waiting for her? She hadn’t woken up particularly happy about her birthday, but damn it, she was really looking forward to those paranthas. And maybe even a moment that was about her. A moment that didn’t revolve around her sister or her sister’s wedding, or her sister’s YouTube channel.

This story had fake dates/engagements, meddling with family members, funny jokes, strong female lead, emphasis on important issues, a bit of spice and romance. I had heard a lot about this book (and as always I was late for the train) but better late than never and I loved this book! Beta, the oldest daughter should be at least engaged before the youngest gets married. You should date more. Or we can find you matches. Rishtas. Maybe someone will want to marry a woman so independent at your age.” Even though they have warring interests, the more time Prem spends with Kareena, the more he thinks she’s might actually be the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with. In this Taming of the Shrew re-imagination, for Prem and Kareena to find their happily ever after, they must admit that hate has turned into fate. NINA: I’m so glad I hired you and Women Who Work! You’re really going to make my restaurant expansion dream a reality.If you’re single at thirty, you have to lower your standards. If you’re single at thirty, your prospects for a happily ever after are diminished. If you’re single at thirty, you are perceived as difficult, and no one will want to marry you. Oh, I know,” Kareena said. She’d known since the day her sister announced her engagement. It was right after Kareena had shared the news that she accepted a position at Women Who Work as their general counsel, which wasn’t received with nearly as much excitement. Nisha Sharma's Dating Dr. Dil is what would happen if you put all my favorite romantic comedy tropes into a blender: a frothy, snarky, hilarious treat with a gooey, heartwarming center. The perfect addition to any rom-com lover's shelf." —Emily Henry, #1 New York Times bestselling author of People We Meet on Vacation

Here’s the situation: both Kareena and Prem have reasons for needing to get engaged. They had what I would call a hot “partial” hookup, no spoilers, but what keeps Kareena from agreeing to Prem’s proposal of a fake engagement is their fundamental, philosophical difference on the matter of relationships. Kareena is looking for a Jeevansathi, a life partner. She believes in love marriages, like the one her parents had. Prem believes that what is mistaken as love is a fleeting biochemical reaction. He believes in arranged marriages based on compatibility, communication, and resulting in what to Kareena seems like a very businesslike relationship.As a result, Kareena only agrees to the fake engagement after she exhausts all her other online dating options before her 4 month deadline. Her Aunties, who are described as “progressive” in the novel (and definitely come across that way), help her in her journey. But like a Greek chorus, they know which way the wind is blowing. Dating Dr Dil from Nisha Sharma’s new romantic comedy features enemies to lovers, a cast of best friends, and a gaggle of aunties determined to make a match. I should’ve taken today off,” she mumbled as she crawled out of bed and walked toward the adjoining bathroom. Kareena was a relatable character, one that I felt I could understand her point of view with, and sometimes I thought, “I JUST THOUGHT THAT!” For example, “Was it normal to cancel and go home and read hard?” AHH literally me too! I just want to stay home and read all day. In other words, if Kareena were a real person, I think we’d be really good friends. Kareena tore the eye mask off her forehead and straightened her Taylor Swift concert sleep shirt. She had secured her dream job at a company that developed women-owned businesses in the tristate area before her thirtieth birthday. But of course, one text from a client and her boss energy dissipated like mist. She tossed her phone on the rumpled bedspread and rubbed her hands over her face.NINA: Sorry the bank had to schedule this on your thirtieth birthday, though. I can’t believe you’re general counsel of an incredible company at such a young age! Kareena felt like her family, her aunties—hell, the entire New Jersey South Asian population—had been preparing her for being thirty and single, but did she listen? Nope. More importantly, did she really have to be reminded first thing in the morning? And so many of you have asked me about Charlie that I ended up just doing a video about it on TT. Here is a link to that video.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment