276°
Posted 20 hours ago

AT Games Arcade Classic Sega Mega Drive Flashback Wireless Mini HD Console EU (Electronic Games)

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I passed on the first one, but this one is much more interesting. Lets hope the SEGA Genesis Mini 2 sees similar games. I do prefer the look of the Model 1, but with a 6 button controller, and this list of games, this is instilling hope, not something I can say much with SEGA these days. Serpenterror while some Sega games are on NSO, they are also on sale on switch and elsewhere. Sega gives players various options to buy and own games. Genesis mini was better than SNES mini. They do have "the best retro gaming experience without actually having a current gen console on the market". I stand by my words. Just one of the many ways M2 goes above and beyond with each project they do, rather than settling for good enough. While this is cool to have as a collector's item, it's incredibly easy to just mod your SNES Classic and get all of these games on there. (Bought the Sega Genesis Classics collection for Switch, so I don't feel bad at all about it)

Dilated well, thank you for providing that info. It had been unclear up to this point if AT Games would be involved in some way. As I said, I wouldn't have really worried about them being involved if they were just handling the hardware and the case as the big problem with their HD Genesis was the software and emulation quality. So I wouldn't mind seeing Sega toss them a bone here, and take advantage of their retail connections and knowledge of the plug and play market with them handling distribution chores in North America. Getting product in this category onto store shelves year in and year out is the one thing AtGames excelled at for years.Wesker that would be awesome if they can strike up a deal with EA! Played the hell out of Road Rash 1,2 and 3, NHL 94, that Motley Crue pinball game and Desert & Jungle Stike!! Good stuff! Aozz101x Yeah, Altered Beast is kinda crap (nice visuals though), imo, but I do expect it to be on there just because it's a game that everyone totally thinks of when they think of Genesis/Mega Drive. marccarran Sega doesn't have a dedicated console and have been releases games like these on Nintendo consoles since the Gamecube so...hardly an issue to complain about. Nintendolife does enough trash content that there are plenty other better opportunities to slam them.

Someone needs to remind Sega that the Saturn and Dreamcast existed and both have a great library of games that should be resurrected! I mean the Genesis/MD were great but they're released these games 20 times already, wish they would be as proactive with their later titles as well. I could see Sega considering that the hardware needed to emulate Dreamcast games will drive up the cost to a level where fewer consumers would be willing to buy.Hopefully Castlevania: Bloodlines is included in the American game line-up as well. Toejam and Earl and Contra: Hard Corps would be extremely welcome, too. I honestly don't think we'll see anything from Saturn or Dreamcast until Nintendo makes mini consoles for those generations. retro_player_22 Does it say that it uses usb controllers? I haven't found anywhere where it says that but it would be great in that case. So many good controllers for the MD are coming out and have come out. Like the 8bitdo or the officially licensed retrobit controllers, they're all usb so they would make a perfect match.

I've heard from one of the posters on IGN that apparently the UK version comes with the 3-button controller, which would be a bit of a bummer if true. Still, I think only Street Fighter II took full advantage of it so I wouldn't consider this a deal-breaker for me. The original 3-button controller is totally iconic, is the one that was originally bundled and most closely associated with it, the one most of us grew up with and therefor also associate with the system and have the most personal/fond childhood memories of, and it still works with 99.9% of all Mega Drive games perfectly. Either choice and it's all good to be honest. I didn’t taste the glory of a good RPG until my cousin forced me to rent a little game on the 1st PlayStation Called “Diablo” after that came Final Fantasy VII, then Skies of Arcadia on Dreamcast and I’ve been a fan of that genre ever since. I’ll be all over this. The first Mega Drive mini was probably the best of all the mini consoles, even better than the SNES one. Ok thinking further, I’d love to see a Sega Master System mini even though it didn’t do that well in the United States, it was the superior hardware over the Nes system I had this input lag issue you stated on NES remix for WiiU and it was instantly fixed by turning Game Mode on.Also, if they add Turtles Hyper Stone Heist, that would be a blow at Nintendo for not adding the equivalent for the SNES classic, since it's probably the game most people were wanting. If this gets a Western release (it will not) it would be the first localized release of Shinning Force CD, one of the best tactics games ever made. I really hope (foolishly) that this game will finally make it's way West (again, it will not) so that everyone gets a chance to play it (they won't).

Too bad no US release announced yet. Been emulating a lot of Sega CD and 32X games. Most are great and very impressive for the 16 bit Era. Games are fun and look great but didn't sell well and that's what they use to judge the games.XSeed did a fair job on PSP, but I'd have preferred the Saturn/PSX version myself for a few reasons. I’m optimistic. They have released Another World on pretty much every platform, over the past several years. Supposedly, the MD2 will have 20 Sega CD games, so it’s definitely a possibility. Oh wow. I had no idea Silpheed was on Sega CD. I was actually trying to see if that game was on some kind of compilation. I'm not sure its a good game, but I loved that one as a kid and used to play it often on my computer. Serpenterror Outrunners IS announced for the US version. (as well as the original, seems only 2019 was included in the first console).

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment