276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Amtech C3155 Radiator hex Key

£6.495£12.99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

An Allen (sometimes called hexagon or hex) radiator key is for fitting and removing standard 1/2 inch radiator valves. It is also known as a half-inch section key.

Sometimes when having problems with thermostatic radiator valves you can leave the actual valve and just replace the thermostat (or head). Radiator thermostat removed

Blanking plugs

Sometimes, a manual valve or TRV is fitted into one of the top tappings because of the particular design of the radiator. When you have a radiator hot at the bottom and cold at the top then you will need to bleed the air out to get it fully heated again. The best way to do this is use a radiator bleed key, sometimes called a radiator vent key. Best Radiator Bleed Key

It’s definitely not an easy job for someone who hasn’t done it before so if you get frustrated easily you should probably call someone in to do it. The other, square, end is for for 3/8 inch (10 mm) square section radiator vent plugs (the plug which has a bleed screw in the middle), and blanking plugs with the same square recess.You will still have some water come out of the radiator, so make sure you are prepared with lots of old towels or a wet vac if possible. Summary I have been replacing and repairing radiators full-time for over a decade and have bought more plumbing tools and radiator keys than I could ever need. A larger tail with a 3/4″ nut on that needs a step ratchet or large hex key inserted in to screw in and screw out of the radiator

Valve tails on most modern radiators have a fixed external hexagon (six-sided) or square (four-sided) nut built into them.Use some jointing compound on the threads to prevent any leaks (especially if you’re using the old nuts) For the other type of radiator valve tails (with 15mm pipe attached), you can just use an adjustable spanner.

Now that we’ve revealed the tools to avoid, what can be used to bleed your radiator? A flathead screwdriver Both of these tail types have 1/2″ male threads on the end that goes in the radiator. How to Change a Radiator Thermostat Vent the radiators by opening the bleed valve on each radiator starting with the highest floor firstScrew it into the radiator and tighten it up with an adjustable spanner or hex key until you can’t see any more threads on the tail Another radiator bleed key type that I always have on my bunch of keys is a Tommy bar bleed key. It comes in handy for rear access bleed valves and getting in tight spaces when a standard type key is too big. Using my Tommy bar radiator bleed key in tight space The valve tail screws into the tapping, then the valve is connected to the tail with what’s known as a union connection. This is a nut with an olive – a brass ring that gets compressed, forming a seal, as the nut is tightened.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment