276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Kill All Normies: Online Culture Wars From 4Chan And Tumblr To Trump And The Alt-Right

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

I do believe it is important to be aware of the different sub-cultures within the left and right movements. e. 4chan vs Tumblr) that are also a feedback loop, making each other more ridiculous and vicious with their transgressive behaviour. This is what cultural criticism should be: it draws on academic theory while remaining readable, is capable of impassioned polemic and clear partisanship while remaining relentlessly fair regarding matters of fact, and in general, it knows its stuff.

Situating the social sustainability of print media in a world of digital alternatives, Telematics and Informatics, 37 :C, (137-145), Online publication date: 1-Apr-2019. Sustained Harm Over Time and Space Limits the External Function of Online Counterpublics for American Muslims, Proceedings of the ACM on Human-Computer Interaction, 7 :CSCW1, (1-24), Online publication date: 14-Apr-2023. Leftists who respond to her critique of toxic left-wing sectarianism with, uh, toxic left-wing sectarianism. The Economist: It often seems like the culture wars are driven by young men with diminished economic prospects and an inability to find a sexual partner. There are some parts that seem largely informed by word-of-mouth than any direct observation or scholarship, and some parts that, if I did the same thing, would get me kicked out of school for plagiarism.Nagle presents her work as an attempt to map the online culture wars that occurred in the early 2010s and how it resulted in the development of alt-right which played a major role in the election of Donald Trump. I have to start by saying that I really loved this book, although it is altogether too short and left me wishing that it was longer. In many ways it is hard not to see so many of the "culture warriors" as being somewhat pathetic - whether it be attacking women simply because they are women or by feeling the need to hound someone out of a job etc. Kony 2012” videos among others comes to mind in this rush to collect “virtue points” in this scarcity of virtue market on the Web. Nagles pseudo-horseshoe theory of the Tumblr Left and Alt-Right relies on the idea that the Tumblr Left are also intentionally transgressive like those on the alt-right[3].

Obviously truly tracking how much a meme was used would go beyond just using GoogleTrends, but you can still get an idea of if a claim is potentially true (in this case, absolutely not). I suspect the author will be attacked by both right and left which is possibly the best endorsement I can give the book.The connection between Trump and the alt-right, a major selling point of the book, is barely elaborated on. There are no citations, no interviews, no statistics, nothing (Maybe I'm unfamiliar with how books of this genre are written, but you'd think she'd cite something)!

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment