276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Bosch 1617EVSPK Wood Router Tool Combo Kit - 2.25 Horsepower Plunge Router & Fixed Base Router Kit with a Variable Speed 12 Amp Motor

£211.845£423.69Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

You can see two slots on the bottom black piece, with the 2nd one appearing a little wider which may fit the Festool rail. The router has a feel of solid design, cuts soft and hard woods like butter, no vibration and is quite. You can change your choices at any time by visiting Cookie preferences, as described in the Cookie notice.

Want the best of both worlds, then this kit is for you - It includes both the fixed-base and the plunge router. I already am thinking a second router for through dovetails, or at least a motor for the plunge base I already have. Reading the normal stuff is confusing because of the contrasting answers and comments for people looking for lifts for their 1617. I understand that there is no perfect tool but I only have 1 shot and need to get the best I can afford. The plunge base has an easy to reach lock that allows user to keep both hands on the router and minimize mistakes.

The tool-free templet guide adapter allows quick changes and both bases feature the Bosch exclusive precision centering design for centering optional templet guides. The knobs are just trying to fasten the mdf to the plate and provide an attachment point for the aluminum piece that supports the rods that attach to the plunge base. It slides and locks easily into both the fixed and plunge bases, and has a flat top, which makes changing bits that much easier. I thought I read somewhere on the forum that the Bosch track saw can use the Festool rail, which is what made me think the Bosch router plate might work too. This Bosch tool is very well built, has excellent torque and speed control, and with the additional fixed base can handle a variety of jobs.

This is why I tend to have multiple routers chosen and setup for specific jobs, and leave them that way once things are dialed in. Quote from: aosty on January 22, 2016, 01:35 AM I've successfully squeezed a 1617 on to the LR32 plate without drilling. Here, on this project, I'm working with 1-1/4" maple ply and 1-1/2" maple ply, and doing cuts between 1" and 1-1/4".I had this router and sold it because I would fight with it to get the motor in and out of the fixed base.

So the 1617 is not a true lift because it's first adjustment (the large adjustment) is made under the table, however it can be micro adjusted (only when unlocked) and that is the only adjustment made above the table, even though you have to go back under to lock it after micro adjustment? While building, I realized that the router base needed to be propped up so that it's "level" once the whole thing is assembled.It may be that Bosch corrected the issues with bit wander mentioned previously, but I've had no such issue.

By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. Constant Response Circuitry, the router will maintain a constant speed throughout the cut, resulting in clean, accurate product.

I'm only telling you about the Milwaukee and other Bosch unit because I owned and still own the Milwaukee.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment