276°
Posted 20 hours ago

Beneath Dark Waters

£9.9£99Clearance
Shared by
ZTS2023
Joined in 2023

About this deal

And, to hype up the tension, the major villain gets narration time as well. I really wanted some big-time justice there and Karen Rose delivered.

Sure, you can read them as you get them as well, but your enjoyment will not be as full, simply because some books nicely wrap up events that have taken place in previous books in the various location series (e.g. the Baltimore series, etc). The writing is fluid and descriptive which helps readers envision the scenes without disrupting or slowing the flow. The author did a great job in bringing together the past and present within the story. The dynamic plot is exciting and intense. Add to that plenty of conflict and a strong but vulnerable protagonist who has a keen sense of justice, and readers will be on the edge of their seats. The ending brings several surprises. Themes include violence against children, murder, deception, assault, and much more.I knew from the beginning that this was going to be an emotional, gut-wrenching story. Kit was a foster kid who had significant struggles even before a foster sister became a long-time missing person’s case. She can count on one hand with fingers left over the people whom she trusts, but she is an amazing detective for the San Diego department and she needs to bring down the guy hurting and killing these girls. When two of Eden's newest members send out a cry for help, it reaches FBI Special Agent Tom Hunter, whose friend and fellow FBI Special Agent Gideon Reynolds and his sister, Mercy, are themselves escapees of the Eden cult, targeted by the Founding Elders who want them silenced forever. The three have vowed to find the cult and bring it down, and now, they finally have a solid lead. Only thanks to client confidentiality Sam can't reveal his client's name. Which immediately makes him Kit's number one suspect. I discovered Karen Rose at the library about 16 years ago. I devoured every book they had and waited patiently each year for her new release.

J.P. “Kaj” Cardozo is the Assistant District Attorney for New Orleans. When his young son is nearly kidnapped, he hires Broussard Investigations to protect him. Kaj feels tormented that his job puts his son’s life in jeopardy. However, he cannot ignore his growing attraction to his son’s new female bodyguard. The investigation takes a darker, drastic turn when they learn there is more to both of his high-profile cases. Will Kaj have to step away from those cases to protect his son? Or will he power through to allow justice to be served? This story contains some cross-over characters from other books – Detective Kit and some of her co-workers, like her partner Baz. However, this book can be read as a stand-alone. In a couple of places when switching POV, the same text would be repeated and it was almost like when switching the POV, the new POV was slightly behind in the timeline and this disrupted the flow of the story. This book was a trip! I am not sure how Rose keeps bringing fabulous stories that consistently offer a wonderful balance of suspense and romance. This one is a fabulous ride into the deep depths of the bayou and New Orleans.Bottom line, this was a great addition to Ms. Rose's world and another story that I heavily enjoyed by her. I can't wait to see what else New Orleans will give us.

Another draining, gritty, but in the end triumphant romantic suspense from Karen Rose. This latest takes the series to San Diego and a grim series of killings by a predator possessing a clever, cold mind. All of Karen Rose’s books take place in the same “universe” and are connected with each other. However, they are separated into sub-sereis by their location. The location-based series are listed further down. I received an advance reader copy of this book to read in exchange for an honest review as part of the book tour hosted by Headline Books. That man is Aaron Gates. Who it turns out is connected to a gang Sixth Day. Whom NOPD believe long disbanded but now believe are targeting Kaj's son. The two main characters, Val and Kaj, were developed with heart and kindness, plus the growth of steamy heat and simmering love interest tempered the ugliness surrounding them.

Karen Rose Book Releases 2023/2024

Her novels, I'M WATCHING YOU and SILENT SCREAM, received the Romance Writers of America's RITA award for Best Romantic Suspense for 2005 and 2011. Five of her other books have been RITA finalists. To date, her books have been translated into twenty-four languages.

I totally devoured this book, it’s one of those that you can’t put down and you ignore everything around you until you’ve finished it.For example, some of the Karen Rose books are set in Minneapolis, others in Baltimore, and yet others in Atlanta, Cincinnati, St. Petersburg, and Chicago. Berkley Publishing Group and Karen Rose provided a complimentary digital ARC of this novel via NetGalley. All opinions expressed in this review are my own. Publication date is currently set for August 15, 2023. This review was originally posted at Mystery and Suspense Magazine.

Asda Great Deal

Free UK shipping. 15 day free returns.
Community Updates
*So you can easily identify outgoing links on our site, we've marked them with an "*" symbol. Links on our site are monetised, but this never affects which deals get posted. Find more info in our FAQs and About Us page.
New Comment